Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Overview.

Carbon Monoxide (sometimes referred to as CO) is a colorless, odorless gas produced by burning material containing carbon.  Carbon monoxide poisoning can cause brain damage and death.  You can’t see it, smell it, or taste it, but carbon monoxide can kill you.

Carbon monoxide is odorless, tasteless, and colorless gas known as the "silent killer." Carbon monoxide is produced by common household appliances. When not properly ventilated, CO emitted by appliances can build up. For example, gas stoves can emit hazardous levels of carbon monoxide.  Gas appliances should be serviced yearly by a qualified service technician.

Early symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning such as headaches, nausea, and fatigue, are often mistaken for the flu because the deadly gas goes undetected in a home. Prolonged exposure can lead to brain damage and even death.

The Masters Law Firm of Charleston, serving all of West Virginia, has experience with CO cases.  We are here to help you or a loved one.  This is a legal advertisement from the Masters Law Firm of West Virginia.  Call us at (800) 342-3106.

No comments:

Post a Comment